Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Good and The Bad ~ 2011 Recap

Here's how we spent 2011:

January:
The Good ~ We had beautiful weather in the mid-70s.

The Bad ~ I had repeat gum surgery with lots of complications and our poor little Einstein died from liver failure.

February:
The Good ~ We had a record breaking FOUR consecutive snow days and a record breaking 5 snow days in the month of Feb.

The Bad ~ Adam was in a three car pile up on his way to work.

March:
The Good ~ Adam completed his first tri at the St. Patrick's day tri in Keller.

The Bad ~ We traveled to Moab so that I could run in the Canyonland Half Marathon with Kari and Jan. It was some of the worst conditions I have ever competed in with 27 mph flying dirt.

April:
The Good ~ I competed in the Caveman Triathlon in Flower Mound for the second year.

May:
The Good ~ A picture of Maison and me was nominated for Best Picture of 2011.

The Bad ~ Maison had a stomach virus, 102 degree fever, and croup all at the same time.

June:
The Good ~ Gulf Shores Vacay

July:
The Good ~ I ran the Too Hot Too Handle 15k, 17 min faster than last year.

I went to the Britney Spears concert with Jan, Kelly, Adrienne, and Shari.

The Bad ~ The Expedition glass exploded due the back gate malfunctioning and Adam was in a four car pile up in his truck just 3 days later.

August:
The Good ~ The people who bought our house in record time backed out.
The Bad ~ My mom had an extremely bad infection that landed her in the ER and I sprained my ankle playing soccer for the umptenth time.

September:
The Good ~ Adam and I celebrated our 4th anniversary.

October:
The Good ~ Maison started school and turned 2.

November:
The Good ~ Team Boo raised $2450 for the prevention of Alzheimer's.

The Bad ~ Maison was given a clean bill of health on Nov. 3 only to have a c-diff relapse on Nov. 28.

December:
The Good ~ We went to Atlanta to celebrate my Annie Boo's 90th b-day.

Christmas and Hanukkah overlap for the first time since Maison was born = Holiday Overload

The Bad ~ Maison had surgery to remove her adenoids and put in ear tubes to ward off future c-diff infections.

I ran my second half marathon in Dallas in the worst conditions I have ever competed in: 38 degrees with pouring rain.

Looking at this list we certainly had our fair share of 'bad' last year. Here's hoping that 2012 will be bring our sweet bug good health and Adam no more car wrecks. I didn't realize he had 3 last year...and he says I'm the bad driver!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment