Friday, January 27, 2012

Parka Pleased

In November I bought Maison a new winter coat from Land's End. She's only worn it a few times because we've only had a handful of days where it's been cold enough for a parka rated for -10 degrees. I picked Maison up from school the other day and she had something white and fluffy all in her hair. Then I noticed there were white feathers all over the classroom. I had no clue what they could have been doing other than a pillow fight that would have resulted in mass amounts of white feathers.

Then Ms. Heather brought me Maison's things, including her coat, and she proceeded to tell me she had no idea what happened other than Maison's coat ripped and the entire class became covered in goose down feathers = AWESOME.

On Monday, I fired off a not so nice email to Land's End explaining that I expected more for a parka rated for -10 degrees. If it couldn't take a handful of wearings in a Texas winter how on earth would it work in the conditions advertised? I got no response to my email and was really peeved until yesterday when the postman rang the door bell and handed me a large package.

I hadn't ordered anything, at least not that I remembered, so had no idea what it was. Then I saw it was from Land's End. I told Maison that the package was for her and she said, "Maison got a present?" which is hilarious because that is exactly what I say when things I order online arrive. As soon as I open the boxes I tell Mais, "Mommy got a present." She kept it in it's sealed bag all afternoon so she could hug it and tell me repeatedly that she had gotten a present. She is SO my child!

Thank you Land's End for making things right!


No comments:

Post a Comment