Friday, January 6, 2012

The 12th day is here

The 12th day of Christmas is here which unfortunately means it's time to take down the Christmas decorations. As I started to take the ornaments off the Santa tree Maison started redecorating it. In her defense, she is my child. Then she started shouting, "Mommy, Christmas tree is broken." Yes, my dear, it is. It just looks sad and lonely when it's not covered in beautiful twinkling lights and sparkly goodness. It's VERY DIFFICULT to explain to a 2 year old not to worry, we will put the trees up again next year.

So just for Maison, pictures of some of the Christmas 2011 decorations she can look at anytime:

The silver tree or as Maison called it "Mommy's tree". She said "night, night Angel" when she went to bed each night.

The Santa Tree (aka Maison's tree):

The mantle:

The Holly:

The pictures don't include the Hello Kitty tree in Maison's play room, the tree in our bedroom, or the outside decorations. Shh, don't tell my mom but I had already started taking down the other 2 trees when I took these pictures. My mother thinks it's a sacrilege to touch the decorations until after the 12th day and I couldn't agree more. With a toddler on my heels, it took me weeks to get it all put out, so I figured it would take me weeks to get it all put away and thought I'd get a little bit of a head start this year. Don't worry Noo, we're "burning" the outside lights tonight. Happy 12th Day of Christmas, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment