Thursday, December 29, 2011

Still Honest People

Our garage door stopped working on Christmas Eve and the Expedition was stuck in the garage. It's the original door that was on the house when it was built so it's pushing 36 years. Adam was able to manually pull open the door but we have been without the convenience of an automatic door for 5 days now. The garage door repairman came this afternoon to give us an estimate on fixing it...

I was waiting to hear the spiel on how we needed to replace the door and the thousands of dollars it was going to cost when he literally said, "You can fix that with WD40." What? Someone is telling me I can fix something with a $4 can of spray from Home Depot???

He wrote me up an estimate if we want to replace the door in the future and charged absolutely nothing for his visit. I guess there still are honest people in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment