Saturday, December 24, 2011

What's up?

What's up with UPS delivering after 10pm not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 nights in a row??? I really want our Christmas gifts to arrive on time but not at the expense of waking up my sick baby. Last night when the doorbell rang at 10:05pm I knew it was UPS again and I was not happy...

Until Adam brought in the Pali box. What is Pali? It is the Italian furniture manufacturer that made Maison's crib. We bought Maison's crib from a local baby store that went out of business. We did not buy the toddler rails or full size conversion kit when we bought the crib (I know, totally stupid! and yes, MY MOM told me to buy them with the crib). When Maison had already climbed/jumped out of her crib twice I started searching for a store that carried the toddler rails. I found a furniture store in LA that carried Pali cribs and I ordered the 2 sets of rails in June. They told me it would take 6 weeks to have Pali make them and ship them from Italy. In November (that's 5 months!) we had received the full size rails but not the toddler rails.

Adam had called them every week starting in September and received a different story every time. He finally told them to forget it and to credit back our card. So the search was on for another store that carried Pali. I found another store in San Francisco, apparently no stores in Texas carry Pali, and ordered another set of toddler rails.

To our surprise, they arrived last night...well before the 4-5 weeks the store quoted. I guess this once I can't be mad that UPS rang our bell after 10pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment