Friday, February 18, 2011

I seriously couldn't make this up...

Last night I went to Target and when I got home I unloaded some of the purchases, closed the back gate on the car, closed the garage door, and went in the house. I asked Adam to go get the rest of the things out of the car. I asked him to leave my keys on the sideboard and he said he didn't use the keys, he just opened the back glass.

I didn't think much of any of this last night until I got ready to leave for my doctor appointment this afternoon. Of course I was running late (am I ever not???) and so I pushed the button to open the garage door and started to walk towards the car. As I put my hand on the door handle I heard the most awful metal noise you have ever heard and watched my car being lifted off the ground (my EXPEDITION!). I was completely perplexed until I realized that the back gate to my car was open and the lip of the garage door had caught on it and was lifting it up.

In a panic, I started to try to close both the garage and the back of the car (via remote key) at the same time. It only made the issue worse. Somehow pushing the buttons repeatedly opening/closing both at different times finally dislodge the car gate from the garage door. When it finally dislodged, the back of my car literally fell a foot or so and bounced on the wheels. I just stared in disbelief....

I manually closed the gate, got into the car, and left for my appointment. I didn't have time to see what damage was done and really just don't need another problem right now. I called Adam on my way and he swears he didn't open the back gate last night so we are at a complete loss as to how the gate was open, how the battery didn't die, and last but not least, how on earth did the car gate and the garage door get intertwined??? I seriously could not make this up if I tried!

1 comment:

  1. Would you believe me if I said the same thing happened to me?! It did nothing to the car, but the garage door got a small dent! I am SO GLAD to hear it wasn't just me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete