Saturday, February 5, 2011

Never on Sunday

After being shut-in for 4 days due to snow and 2 weeks of not eating a whole lot besides milkshakes and ice cream, you can imagine how excited I was to go to Hobby Lobby and Chick Fila today. I love me some Hobby Lobby. It's one of those stores that you go in for one thing and buy two carts worth of stuff you just "had to have". Today I had to have 12 picture frames for Maison's 6 month and 1 year pictures. You know...the kind of urgent errand you just have to do after 4 days of no errands.

On the way home I stopped at Chick Fila to pick up lunch. Is it just me or is the Chick Fila drive thru always ridiculous? Seriously, 20 cars on Saturday at 2:00 when there is still ice and snow on the roads. Why are Chick Fila customers so lazy? Park your Chick Fila lovin azz and go in! I'm thinking this as I park and go in and totally eat it on the ice! How's that for Murphy's Law? Maybe I should have attempted to drive through the drive thru on the ice after all.

I was so happy when I got home. Not because I survived the treacherous drive, but because Hobby Lobby followed by "real food" (i.e. did not include milkshake or soup) from Chick Fila is just about the best day ever. I was so excited until I realized that this wonderful experience could NEVER happen on Sunday...EVER....because both Hobby Lobby and Chick Fila are owned by holy rollers or Mormons or some squat and are not open on Sundays....

No comments:

Post a Comment