Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm going to Canyonlands ~ 1 month to go!

I know the saying is "I'm going to Disneyland" but I've never been to Disneyland, nor do I plan to go to Disneyland because I'm going to Canyonlands...and I'm going one month from today. What is Canyonlands? Only one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Gorgeous red rocks, topped with brilliant white snow. No other way to describe it than A-MAZ-ING.

Adam and I went to Moab in 2007 for his birthday in March. While we were there we saw the Canyonlands half marathon. I don't know why, but when I saw the runners leave our resort the morning of the race, I knew that I would some day do it. Me, run a half marathon? Now that's funny. I'm NOT a runner, never have been a runner, nor have I ever really planned to be a runner. When I was younger (much younger...hhheeem) I thought of myself as a sprinter. Trying to turn a sprinter into a runner is quite the ordeal. But if I am ever to become a runner...now is the time. This race will be worth every painful training mile run...

I was going to post some breathtaking pictures from our last Moab trip but we have seemed to misplaced all our pictures from 2007-Aug 2008. So weird. Anyway, instead I will show you my "golden ticket" my entry confirmation for Canyonlands. Now if I could just muster up the energy to wave it over my head and sing "I've got a golden ticket. I've got a ray of light." ala Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory you would get the idea how excited I am to be doing this race.

1 comment: