Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just like Mommy

Maison has started showing some signs that she likes some of the same things that I do. It is no secret how much I like to take baths. I would take one every night if I had the time and wasn't so exhausted that I'd probably fall asleep and drown if I did. Just like me, Maison LOVES bath time. I fill the tub up where it's like a swimming pool rather than a bath. She plays until the last bit of water drains out of the tub. She must have been watching how I let the water out, because if she is not ready to get out she just reaches over and closes the drain. It has now turned into a game. I say "Maison it is time to get out" and she giggles and closes the drain...like 10 times. There is really no point to even suggest getting out until there is literally not a drop of water to be splashed.

After her bath I lay her on our bed to dry her off and put on her pjs. She has always loved the bazillion pillows on our bed, but this last past week she literally cries until I let her go play in the pillows. She'll squirm and fight me to get to those pillows so there is no telling what stage of dress she'll be in as she starts flopping around in them.
I LOVE PILLOWS....especially really nice down ones (I'm partial to the Hotel brand by Macy's). We have six king size pillows and 3 decorative pillows on our bed. I have to admit it's quite nice to just flop over into that big pile of fluff so I really don't blame Mais for her new found post-bath routine. If there was a way to combine a bath with pillows I think she would literally explode with excitement...and I would too!

No comments:

Post a Comment