Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wreck of a Day

This morning I had my post-op appointment for my gum surgery. I was running late, of course, and when I was ready to leave I couldn't find my keys anywhere. Adam had driven my car yesterday and he rarely puts keys in a logical place, so after 10 min of looking I started to call him...and call him...and call him. I became furious after about 10 calls and no answer. And then he answered, I rudely asked "How many times do I have to call before you answer? 50?" and when he responded that he was on the phone with 911 when I called I quickly changed my tone.

Adam got into a wreck on his way to work this morning. Luckily he was on the side streets so wasn't going very fast but he was the last car hit in a 3 car pile up. He says he's ok and his truck just has the bumper shoved up under the bed of the truck, but we know from my mom's wreck just 5 weeks ago that you may seem ok now but be very sore in days to come.

As if that wasn't a great enough way to start out the day, I still had my post-op appointment and an ortho appointment to go to. My post-op was pretty non-eventful. I did have to deal with Rookie Amber but she removed the remaining stitches with minimal pain and no bleeding for once. I'm not exactly where I should be in the healing process so still have to watch what I eat (no chips or crackers...UGH!) and have to have a follow up in 4 more weeks....awesome.

To top off this wonderful day, I had to go back to the orthopedic surgeon regarding my plantar. My feet are feeling ok after switching to the custom orthodics but my knee was killing me after running on Sunday. Apparently, having my gait corrected has resulted in putting too much pressure on my IT band. I have to do non-impact activities until the pain subsides and take an anti-inflammatory. Just when I need to drown my sorrows in a robust cabernet I can't drink due to taking an anti-inflammatory, but I did cheer myself up with a 44oz from Race Trac...sometimes you just have to give in to your addictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment