Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hot Mess!

Maison is sick again (yes, again!) so I had a rough night staying up with her and listening to her cough on the monitor all night. Adam was not only kind enough to get up with her this morning but he even took her to go get us pumpkin spiced lattes at Starbucks.

We were in the playroom and I set my full latte on the brick planter where we always sit our drinks. I'm not sure what happened but within seconds I was drenched in piping hot coffee. I have never stripped so fast in my entire life. For once, my description is not an exaggeration for dramatic flare, as this is what your clothes look like covered in 24oz of pumpkin spiced latte:

I actually burned the skin on my stomach, arm, and leg bad enough that not only was it a rather alarming shade of red, it hurt pretty bad to wash the sticky pumpkin coffee off. As if losing my pumpkin spiced latte after no sleep and burning 25% of my skin wasn't bad enough, our couch and rug are sticky beyond belief, and during my strip tease I flung coffee over most of the Maison's new b-day toys. If that is not the most literal definition of a hot mess I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment