Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When is the cheap gas parade?

When gas was $4+ per gallon all we heard was how unbelievably expensive everything was going to become and how George Bush was a horrible president and how he had ruined the economy...blah, blah, blah. High gas prices were discussed on every news cast, every day on the front page of the DMN, and splashed all over the internet.

Today I filled up my huge gas guzzling SUV and it was $1.44 per gallon for a grand total of $28! I seriously think gas was more expensive when I started to drive 18 years ago. I have a few points regarding this topic:

1. Why is the cheap gas not covered like the expensive gas was? Are things now going to be drastically inexpensive due to the cheap gas and thus there is no point to warn us on a daily basis?
2. Since George Bush is STILL president will he be applauded for his low gas prices? Why not have a 'cheap gas parade' so that he can be honored appropriately...
3. How could I possibly have been driving for 18 years and never improved?

Update 12/12: Jan is having a 'Cheap Gas Parade' on her blog today. Make sure you check it out! http://www.ingyfamily.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. 1. Fox news did mention the cheap gas today. I love Fox news.
    2. OUR president will not be honored for anything because we can't honor republicans, somehow Oprah's Favorite Thing will wind up taking the credit. I would love to be in the cheap gas parade as long as it involves costumes and I can come as Sarah P.! Oooh, maybe I'll write about this too...a little "blog gas parade"
    3. You've seen people drive in Beijing...you're a great driver!

    ReplyDelete