Friday, December 5, 2008

I still love Super Target

I was in Super Target buying my usual $200 worth of unnecessary items and had a 'I'm turning into my mother' encounter. When I was getting ready to leave the checkout line I somehow got the cart stuck underneath the little check writing shelf and it would NOT MOVE. If I pushed or pulled it seem to just get more stuck. The 70+ year old cashier came over to help me and proceeded to tell me that both pushing and pulling were making it worse...uh, what on earth did he want me to do...unload my Britney CDs, closet organizers, and other precious items into another cart so that he could help the next person who was rudely rolling her eyes at me as I apologized! I think he was missing the point that if I were to leave my stuck cart it would still be just that, STUCK. Anyway, with his assistance we finally got it out and I was sent on my merry way as he commented "That's why we don't let women drive" or something to that effect. It was all I could do not to roll my eyes at him so I gave him a courtesy laugh as I walked away.

As I walked outside I noticed what a gorgeous day it was...sunny, mid-70s in December none the less, so I started to forget about my 'stuck cart' incident. I unloaded my purchases into the car and went to get in the drivers seat. As I was getting in I felt something tugging on my boot and noticed my scarf (for fashion not for warmth) was stuck to the bottom of my boot. I pulled it off and noticed I had tore a HUGE FREAKING HOLE in my cashmere scarf. What are the chances? So I did what every other sane women does...I called my mom to tell her what I had done. She laughed so hard she could barely get a word out, but once she finally did all she could muster was that I was turning into her. She said she and I were the only two people on earth that could get a cart stuck in a register lane and then proceed to tear a hole in a piece of clothing. She did tell me that a sweater weaver should be able to fix it...uh, if anyone knows a good sweater weaver in Dallas that dabbles in cashmere repairs please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, No way do you unload your Britney CD! Britney is WAY more important than a stuck cart..Too bad we weren't all there, we could have really caused a scene then!

    ReplyDelete