Friday, December 12, 2008

September 9th - Remember Pearl Harbor

Today we went to Pearl Harbor. I had been a few times before as a child but Adam had never been so we decided to make the day of it. I am totally not into things like this, but Adam seemed to really enjoy it so we stayed about 5 hours. We did pretty much everything you can do – the Arizona Memorial, the Battleship Missouri, and the Bowfin submarine. When we got to the USS Missouri we decided to do our own tour rather than the guided one. We were warned that this was a rather large battleship and to stay on the path so that we didn’t get lost. I was fine for the first hour or so and then I started to realize how long we had been on the lower floors and I started to panic because I realized we didn’t know the way out. I’ve become extremely claustrophobic in my old age and immediately started looking for an exit. We stuck to the upper levels for the remainder of that exhibit. Unfortunately, the last stop of the day was the Bowfin submarine. I so much as walked down the stairs and started to panic so I decided it wasn’t for me and I would meet Adam by the exit. I left through the entrance stairs and a security guard informed me that was not an exit or something to that effect. I think she could tell by the look on my face that I wasn’t going back down there to use the proper exit so she told me where to go wait for Adam. Here are the pics from Pearl Harbor


We got back to the hotel late in the afternoon so decided to go watch the surfers in front of the Moana Surfrider hotel and then enjoy the sunset….

       
         

No comments:

Post a Comment