Friday, December 12, 2008

August 28th – Not off to a great start

We arrived in Maui about 6:30pm. The car was not there when we got to the rental lot so we had to wait about an hour on it. I was very upset as I sat outside in the heat with the luggage and Adam talked to the rental guy as if it was his BFF. Apparently they had to go get the car from another lot that was supposedly only 2 miles away. Why it took an hour I have no idea but I’m not exactly patient ever and especially not after we had been flying all day.

We got to the Grand Wailea hotel around 8:00pm and were informed only 2 restaurants were open until 8:30pm and an entire wing of the hotel and several restaurants are closed for renovations. As we walked to our room, I noticed the hotel was a little old looking and run down. The last time I had been there was for Kari McGregor’s wedding and it was fabulous which is why we chose to stay there - so I’m not really sure what happened. We received notices that they were going to be spraying for pests on Friday and training fire fighters through Sept. so they will be running the stairs and propelling the walls starting at 9:00am each day. Adam and I couldn’t help but think, ‘seriously?’ so we decided to not deal with the restaurant sitch and order room service.

While we were waiting on our food a huge bug started crawling on my leg so we see why the pest control was scheduled to come. As if the start of our vacation could not get any worse, there was a big black hair through my sandwich. Adam felt so bad that I was starving and my sandwich was ruined that he called and returned it. I can honestly say we have never sent back room service before, but a full length hair is where I draw the line.

On a positive note, we have a fabulous view and there were orchids laid on the bed in a shape of a heart and a bubble bath with orchids floating on top – very nice welcome!

My mom’s response to this email was priceless: “Oh Yeah, the house burned down but we roasted marshmallows on the fire.”

2 comments:

  1. I love it that Adam was chatin up the car rental guy like he was his BFF...so Adam. I, too, would have been pouting outside. Hair in sandwich and bug on your leg...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your mom's response was "tight". I love a lady that can make light of a tough a situation. LMAO! Just out of curiosity how was the 9:00 am stair running and wall propelling?

    ReplyDelete