Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Bike Trail Idiots...

Just when I thought the the bike trail couldn't get anymore interesting, today I saw it all.  I was on my usual section of the bike trail when I saw a family of "beavers" hanging out right by the trail, about 15 feet from the water edge.  I had a run in with what I thought was a beaver not too long ago (see Unwelcome Friend) but today I realized it was not a beaver but a nutria (aka river rat).  Apparently they are taking over the duck pond and there are signs every where saying NOT to feed them and not to approach them because they bite.

So what did I see today other than about 10 nutria hanging out by the trail?  That would be an Indian guy with his kids and wife (in sari) feeding them bread.  Sure, why not feed a rat a little bread?  Are the ducks a little boring?  Maybe the nutria would like to snack on your wife's sari.  Or better yet, why don't you take them home and fry them up in a pan and make stir fried nutria like they do in Louisiana???  Now that that they are comfortable enough to approach the bike trial maybe they'll take to sunnying on the trail so there will be another obstacle to avoid.  Wouldn't that be fabulous?  Let's take a look at what a nutria looks like, shall we?



Would you rather be cussed out or chased by a river rat that wants bread?  Sounds like an adventure race not a bike ride...geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment