Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bleepin Bikers!

I was just called a "bleeped, bleeped, bleepin, biker".  I know, I know... I've been called a lot worse and I'm sure I'll be called much worse in the future but I still didn't appreciate it.  And I know I've been known to cuss like a sailor from time to time and I've dolled out my fair share of "f-bombs" but I grew up in a good Southern Christian house and I certainly know it's not appropriate to drop the "f-bomb" before noon unless you have incurred bodily harm or have damaged an expensive material item beyond repair (like totaling a car).  So why is someone cussing me out at the ungodly hour of 6am???

It's the same ole story...bikers hate runner/walkers and runner/walkers hate bikers.  It's called a bike trail for a reason, so don't seem shocked when you see a bike.  I was approaching two runners (a girl and guy) that were running side by side with a walker coming the other direction.  I said "on your left" 3 times and the girl made a move to fall behind the guy leaving barely enough space for me to pass between the runners and walker.  Right when I got ready to pass, the girl moved back to her original position making it WAY to close to pass.  I literally almost hit her.  The walker didn't stop or make a move to the grass so I almost hit her too!

The girl told me, "to watch where I was F-ING going.  If you had hit me I would pick you and your f'ing bike up and throw you to the ground.  Why didn't you say something???"  To which I replied, "I said something 3 times.  Maybe you should listen instead of doing more talking than running."  Had I had my wits about me I would have said something to the affect that I would like to see her try.  I highly doubt she could catch me and if she could I would take it as a complement if she could pick up me and my bike.  I certainly wouldn't view it as though she was overly confident in her athletic abilities.

And wouldn't you know that I saw them after I hit the end of the trail and turned back.  This is when I rode into a cloud of cuss words.  "There's that bleeped, bleeped, bleepin biker".  Yes, yes it is...and for those of us that actually passed high school physics a bike with 115 lb person moving 18+ mph will cause severe bodily injury if you get in my way so you can take your cuss words and get out of my way before I run your blabby mouth over.  Why don't you do more running and less talking and you might actually hear a biker approaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment