Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thank You, I'll have another!

We put on our finery and flowered hats and headed over to Shari's Derby Party.  We were greeted at the door with Mint Juleps made with the official Kentucky Derby bourbon, Woodford Reserve, and fresh mint.  She had a rule that everyone must finish at least one.  After making a "I just sucked on a lemon" face as I swallowed the first sip, I was only able to finish it with extra mint and LOTS of ice.  

Working on M.J. #1:

What would a Derby Party be if you didn't wager on your favorite horses?  We each had to pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers.  We even let Maison play...2 1/2 is not too young to start gambling!  It would be quite a story if Maison had won but she didn't....instead Mommy won!  YES!!!  I FINALLY won the pot at an Ellington function.  All thanks to picking the 2nd place horse, Bodemeister, correctly.  I was the only one who picked any of the top 3 horses in the right place!  Oh, and congrats to I'll have Another, his winning knocked out all my other competitors putting me in the lead...WOO-HOO!

Happy Derby Day from the Derby Girls:

1 comment:

  1. Y'all's hats are awesome! And yes, there's nothing worse than a mint julip! UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete