Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a #@&* ing day!

This day has literally been one for the record books...there really is no way to describe this day other than to sequentially list what happened.

9:50 am - periodontist appointment to check on the gum surgery I had in 2005.
My normal dentist suggested I do a follow up because she thought one of the four grafts I had done in 2005 was detaching.

11:15 am - confirmed not only one graft was detaching but two were detaching and a tooth on each side of detached area needed the gums replaced. So on Jan. 21 I will be getting repeat gum surgery on 2 sides of my mouth. If you have any liquid diet recipes please forward.

12:30 am - Adam calls with results from the vet.
Einstein had been acting very weird the last two days. Extremely clingy, crying at night, urinating and pooping on the floor, etc so Adam took him to the vet. Uh, Einstein is in kidney failure and the "humane thing would be to put him down". We were just looking for a new home for him last week since he was not getting the attention he deserved since we were so consumed with Maison. He had started acting out, per the vet, as a result. We are shocked that he is so sick and this came on so quickly.

4:00 pm - Orthopedic surgeon appointment
My heel has been hurting for about a month to the point where it wakes me up at night due to pain. I finally broke down and went to my ortho assuming my plantar has gotten worse. Yep, plantar in my left heel in addition to the arches of both feet. Need to wear a plantar strap 24/7 and get custom orthodics next Fri. Awesome.

So tonight over our seemingly nightly bottle of wine we have new topics to discuss besides Maison's illness. I love new topics and all but occasionally a happy one would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment