Friday, January 28, 2011

Run in with a rookie, Take 3

Seriously? There's really not too many other responses you could have to the following other than...Seriously?

Last night the packing I had replaced on Tuesday fell off...A-GAIN! When I went to bed, I was dreading having to call the doctor first thing when I woke up to go in and get it replaced...again. So when I woke up this morning you can imagine my delight when one of the packings on the roof of mouth was hanging by a thread....literally. It was intertwined with the stitches and was pulling them out of the roof of my mouth. Since the bandage was hanging down I couldn't even talk. It kept hitting my tongue and making me gag.

I was in the waiting room hoping that anyone but Rookie Amber would come to get me. I'm sure the look on my face when she opened the door was "F&%#, why me"??? The doctor comes to see why I'm back yet again. He even asked if I was trying to get a job there. I politely informed him that TWO of my packings that his incompetent staff applied just a mere 2 days ago were falling off. He gave Rookie Amber instructions on what to do and left. Left! Left! I was tempted to grab him by the tie and say, "Screw rookie Amber, I want someone with real medical training to handle my packing issue, for God's sake!!"

But I didn't, and Rookie Amber is who I got. She detached my packing from the roof of my mouth and proceeded to remove my remaining stitches, which, by the way, she was not instructed to do. My mouth immediately filled with blood and she just shoved gauze in my mouth and proceeded to inform her trainee (yes! apparently imbeciles can have trainees) what she was going to do to my new gums where the packing was gone. She put the packing on, packed it down (obviously learning nothing from Tuesdays mistake) and huh! My new gums started bleeding AGAIN! I demanded to see the doctor after she assured me it was ok to bleed. I've had gum surgery before and it is not normal for it to bleed one week after surgery.

The doctor came back, said it was ok (really, what else could he say? My staff sucks complete a**, sorry for your pain and suffering while we train people?), told the imbecile to stop the bleeding and let me go. She literally shoved gauze in my mouth, told me to get a milkshake on the way home and walked me out. She did add "there will be no charge for today"...YOU THINK?

Anyone want to wager how long this packing will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment