Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dental school here I come

As I was eating lunch today, I had the wonderful experience of the remaining packing on the roof of my mouth coming down. Again it fell down but not off as it was intertwined with the stitches. A-WE-SOME!

I weighed my options:
1. Let this nasty tasting bandage keep hitting my tongue for the next 18 hours until I can get into the periodontist
2. Let Adam perform dental surgery on me.
3. Do it myself

#1 was out because I refused to taste old food and dried blood for more than 3 minutes. #2 was out because all our scissors are right-handed. Adam said he was willing but when he brought up the right-handed thing I knew it was a cop-out. He was just trying to be nice but didn't want to be responsible if I ended up in the emergency room.

So, I said "Screw you, Rookie Amber, I'll do it myself"...and I did with minimal bleeding and keeping all other stitches intact. I definitely fared better than any other time I've been to the doctor. Maybe I found my calling...dental school here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment