Saturday, May 22, 2010

Texas Bound - PK Vacay day 8

So today we drove back to Texas. Maison wasn't near as good as a road tripper as she was on the way here. She literally did not take one nap. My arm needs to be amputated after holding the Mac in front of her so she could watch Baby Einstein videos. We heard the Sesame Street CD so many times I wanted to destroy it. Luckily the complete meltdown didn't happen until we hit the DFW metroplex and we were only about 30 min away from home.

Along the way we did hit some good spots. We had lunch at Prejean's in Lafayette (www.prejeans.com) which tabs itself as the first Cajun themed restaurant. With crawfish enchiladas being one of the house specialities, how could you go wrong? It was so good Adam insisted on buying the cookbook and Maison a 'mardi gras' alligator complete with the mardi gras hat.

We also found the most amazing truck stop I have ever seen in my life in Tyler, Texas. This place was humugo and was such a welcome site after a nasty ass stop at an Arby's in BFE, Louisiana where we had to feed Maison her dinner. They had such a good gift shop Adam kept finding things he liked and checked out 3 different times. They even had chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels which kept me from having a total meltdown at that point.

Unfortunately, Maison pretty much cried from Tyler to Dallas and I have to admit I joined her about the time we entered the DFW metroplex. Florida was a great time but I definitely don't see anymore road trips in our near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment