Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain and Publix - PK Vacay Day 2

Yesterday it literally rained all day.  Rained like only it can in Florida and Texas.  Apparently there was a tornado watch for the county next to the one we are staying in.  Tornado?  in Florida...really?   Don't tornadoes usually hit Texas...not Florida?  High winds...check, massive amounts of rain...check.  Uh...in Florida isn't that usually symptoms of a hurricane?  Regardless, we didn't get anything that seemed like a tornado but the rain definitely sucked.  We did absolutely nothing all day except a trip to Publix.  

Maison in her "rain gear" ready to go to Publix:

Publix was an adventure...my parents, Adam-me-Maison, and Nannie each set out in separate directions picking out what we wanted.  Adam, my mom, and me are all good shoppers and when I say 'good shopper', I mean we all put anything that looks good in the buggy.  So when we got home we had nothing for dinner but lots of fruit, M&Ms, cookies, pies, ice cream, breads, and sandwich meats, but pretty much nothing else.  

When we were checking out the Asian teenage girl bagging our groceries was infatuated with Maison.  She literally followed us out of the store, stood with us while Adam pulled up the car and then helped load up 3 carts of groceries.  The entire time she was talking or playing with Maison.  What is it with Asians being enthralled with blonde haired, blue eyed (for now...I think they'll go brown) children?  I first learned of this sensation when Adam and I went to Beijing to visit Jan and Jason.  Their son JR (blonde/blue eyed) was treated like a celebrity every where we went the entire time we were there.  It was crazy!

2 comments: