Sunday, May 16, 2010

Subway Sucks!

There is a Subway on my way to work so since I don't go in until after lunch I stop to get a sandwich there at least 2 times per week.  I usually don't go until 1:30 or later but on Friday I was in a hurry (I know...laugh now) to get to work because we were leaving to go on vacay on Sat so I was there about 1:00.  It was super crowded with Plano Senior High kids but since it was pouring rain outside I decided just to wait.  It took 20 minutes just to get my sandwich.  There were no cups so I waited another 5 minutes for someone to get me a cup.  Then I tried to get some ice...that's right, no ice.  I asked 3 times for someone to refill the ice before I could get my coke.  I was in Subway a total of 45 min without actually eating...not exactly fast.

I got to Alcatel, opened "my" sandwich and it was tuna, with red onions, and cheese...sick out!  Definitely NOT my sandwich.  I was SO MAD...drive back in the pouring down rain mad...cut my finger on my freakin umbrella mad, wring water out of my jeans mad....so mad, that I felt sorry for the girl at Subway that was about to receive my tirade mad!!!!  

I decided it was better to go out in the pouring down rain than to starve.  I immediately asked for the manager when I got there and the Mexican girl that had made my sandwich responded, "No manager".    I was left wondering if that meant, "no manager after 2:00", "no manager at that time", "I am the manager and thus will act like there isn't one since this lady is pissed", or "my English is limited and I have no idea what manager is and thus will just say no manager".   I left this girl have it like only Conni Ellington could.  Afterwards, I of course apologized because I knew getting the wrong sandwich was not her fault because at the time SHE made my sandwich and the cashier mixed them up.  But she was the only one there when I returned and she was the one who knew my order when I asked for a replacement so she was on the receiving end of my complaints. 

I was so livid I can't remember exactly what I said but it was something along the lines of "you have a responsibility to provide the right sandwich"..."if I got the wrong sandwich so did someone else which is 2 unhappy customers"... "the senior high kids are customers too, just because it's busy, doesn't mean you can give them the wrong sandwich, run out of cups, and have no ice.  Their money is just as good as anyone else's."  And I finished up my monologue with, "I had to get out in the pouring down rain 4 times and cut my thumb on my umbrella, all for a Subway sandwich."  I don't think she got that I was pitching an awesome commercial ..must have been the limited English.

1 comment:

  1. I would have paid admission to see this!! ;o) I love it when Marcia gets on a tirade!!

    ReplyDelete