Sunday, May 16, 2010

Alice, iPhone, and Wine...oh my!

We learned year's ago not to partake in the traditional mother's day brunch because they are always overpriced and always suck.  We usually do opening weekend at Lone Star Park...a nice afternoon at Silks, but with Maison we decided her introduction to the greatness of the gambling world could wait at least another year.  So Shari and I planned our mother's day celebration with our mom on Saturday.

My mom really wanted to go see Alice in Wonderland because she has always been intrigued by the story and even calls her best friend Gail, "Alice" and Gail calls my mom "the Mad Hatter".  Even though the reviews said it was terrible we all thought it was great.  Afterwards, we surprised my mom with a trip to Apple to get her new iPhone we gave her for M-day.  She was SO EXCITED!!!  She really wanted one and for once we all decided on a gift that we were able to get before she went and bought it for herself.  The afternoon we spent at Cru drinking wine and catching up.  We were all surprised when Adam dropped by with Maison to say hi.  It was so touching to get to see her for a few minutes when we were celebrating mother's day with my mom.  It was the perfect day...so much better than a brunch!

Sunday morning, Maison (ok...Adam) surprised me with the most gorgeous blue topaz and diamond ring.  I couldn't fathom how he had time to go buy a ring and he confessed that my mom had been his 'personal shopper'....now that's a good mommy ;o)  We went to my parents to have breakfast with my family and then spent the day relaxing.  It was a great first mother's day...
     


2 comments:

  1. Ring, ring!!! Or is it on your finger in the photo? I can't see that far!!

    ReplyDelete