Monday, July 16, 2012

Thankful for wine ~ Telluride Vacay Day 1

We. are. here.  It's really arguable who is worse...me or Maison.  I literally hate travel days.  I hate the hassle at the airport of checking in, security lines, maneuvering the airport with a toddler in a stroller, gate checking strollers, numerous toddler bathroom stops, etc.  But the only thing I hate more is having to fly on a small plane.  I have enough common sense to know that flying into Grand Junction that we would not be on a 747 but I wasn't expecting a plane the size of a coffin.  Yes, a coffin.  I walked onto the plane with Maison and literally didn't even make it past the cockpit before I turned back and told Adam I couldn't do it.  To which he replied non-verbally by pushing me with the carry-ons and gave me a look that read "YOU'RE GOING, I didn't haul 50 lbs of crap through the airport for nothing". 

What every claustrophobic person likes to know is that they are in the LAST row of a VERY SMALL plane.  Why I do not have a standing prescription for Valium is beyond me.  I'm pretty sure a shot of vodka and a Valium would have immediately cured my aliment but no such luck, I had to suck it up and set an example for Mais...hhheemmm.  Let's just say the flight was from hell but the other passengers were fortunate that I talked myself out of about 15 panic attacks. 

When we made it to the Ale House in Grand Junction for lunch I could have not been happier.  I could not have poured wine down my throat any faster.  I'm pretty sure I drank an entire glass before we even ordered our meal.  I am so thankful Kari suggested we stop for lunch before driving to Telluride and so thankful that they had decent wine!

I was doing just fine when we stopped in Montrose for groceries but was ready to jump out of my skin when we hit the mountain roads on the way to Telluride.  I really admire Adam's patience.  I don't know how he does it considering Maison didn't nap the entire day and was non-stop asking for the iPad and I was non-stop complaining of car sickness.  How is he not an alcoholic?  And I have to hand it to Kari, she does know me well.  After I recovered from my car sickness she offered me a glass of wine...what a good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment