Saturday, July 7, 2012

Babying Eddie V's

In celebration of Shari and my birthday we had a family dinner at Eddie V's.  I could feel the stare down from the valet as he opened my door and I went to open the back door to get Maison.  I felt the judging when no one made a move to help me open the door when I was carrying a 30 lb toddler and when I got the head to toe once over from the hostess when I put Maison down and fluffed her dress.  Ok I get it...nice restaurants cringe when they see a toddler coming.  When we located my parents and Shari at our table, we got the "you have a Baby...in a bar" stares from the tables around us.

But these people obviously don't know my toddler and her love for the iPhone because she didn't make a peep.  In fact, the drunken business men and the man whose date that looked to be about half his age were actually more of a spectacle than my 2 1/2 year old.  Besides the waiter didn't have a problem with it and was already prepared with a list of child friendly dishes the chef could make.  If they don't want children in their restaurant then I doubt they'd be able to whip up chicken fingers in 5 minutes flat.

Do you think the 'judgers' congratulated me (hheemm, ok Apple) on raising such a well behaved child on our way out?  Let's just say I took my sweet time buckling Maison into her car seat all while giving the head to toe once over to all those diners standing in the heat impatiently waiting for the valet behind us to pull up with their expensive cars.  Hopefully they tipped poorly...maybe the valet will think twice before delivering a toddler hating stare down next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment