Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Parading the 4th

We just got back from the Plano Fourth of July parade.  I haven't been since I was a child and either it's changed quite a bit in the last 30 years or I don't recall it being completely lame and full of political advertisements.

"I'm bored, where's the all the floats and hoopla I was promised?"


To Maison it is all the same, she doesn't care if a politician or Ronald McDonald is handing her a flag to wave or throwing her candy; she thinks it's fantastic.

"There's Ronald McDonald!!!  I have no clue who he is but Mommy was pretty excited to see him.  YEA!!!"


It was not a complete lost cause.  Maison thought it was fab and I saw just about the best float ever...the one for the Plano Republican Women's Club.  I called my mom on the way home and told her I found a club that we had to join.  To which she informed me that she was part of the club in the early 80s when we first moved to Plano.  I should have known...some things never change!

The fam will be here in a few hours for our annual pool party so I'm off to decorate.  I think we'll actually get to swim this time since it's forecasted to be about 125!  Besides as Texans like to say, "it's not too bad in the shade" or "there's a nice breeze."  

HAPPY 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment