Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Assessing the Fort

Today was the first of a 'two way trial" day for Maison at Fort. We get to decide if we like the school and they get to decide if they like Mais. We had agreed with the school director that Maison would try the Toddler class which is for 18 months to 2 years since she had never been in school before, never been around children before, and never been with out Mommy, Daddy, or Nooey before.

Maison holding on tight to her lunch box on the way to Fort:


The director met me at the door as I carried Maison in. She asked me if I was ready and Maison politely replied, "I'm ready". Right then she told me we were going to have a problem putting Maison in the Toddler class but we would try it for today. I totally ditched Maison with the Toddler teacher, as they instructed me to do, and got into my car and balded my eyes out....MY BABY is in school.

I went to my parents to wait for them to call to tell me Maison missed me terribly and had to be picked up, but no call came. I counted down the minutes until I could call at 10:00 to see how the first hour and a half had gone. Ms. Martha, the director, told me that Maison had already mastered the entire body part game and 3 of 5 colors they learn in the Toddler class. She said the Toddler class was definitely not going to work out. So Friday we will try the Transition class which is for 2 1/2 to 3 year olds who are transitioning to Preschool. Maison will be the youngest child in that class by at least 6 months. Here's hoping Friday goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment