Friday, September 16, 2011

I picked the wrong week

Adam and I started the Kathy Freston Quantum Wellness Cleanse on Sunday. This cleanse is the 21 day cleanse that Oprah made popular a few years back and entails eliminating ALL animal products, gluten, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. So what are you left eating? Pretty much fruits, veggies, and gluten free grains and drinking water.

The cleanse was going ok until Wednesday when I opened the door to the guest bathroom and had water run over my feet. Apparently, if your main water line is blocked water can flow from under the toilet like a river (ok, or a small stream) and pretty much flood your bathroom. A crisis under normal circumstances, but a major crisis when you have a house showing in a mere 5 hours. Adam called the plumber who arrived in record time, cleared the mainline and the shower line all in enough time to give me a solid hour to clean the entire house including this huge mess (3 loads of soaking towels, dirt, and balls of rotten hair, anyone?).

Nooey, Maison, and I rushed out of the house right in time for the showing. We went to Target to "smell the candy corns" (Aside: If you can't eat candy corns or marshmallow pumpkins this time of year at least you can smell them!) and buy a buggy full of stuff we didn't need. So while we are enjoying all that is Target, I get a text from our realtor that the people coming to look at the house have decided to come tomorrow instead....uuuurrrggghhh.

If that wasn't enough to drive me to drink, I had to complete all the deliverables (don't ask, it's classified...kidding!) for NSA (National Security Administration) compliance by today and Adam had mid-year evals with his entire team. By 10am we agreed, the cleanse was over!!! As Steve McCroskey said in Airplane!, "I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."


No comments:

Post a Comment