Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sand and Surf ~ GS Vacay Day 2

After 14 hours in the car yesterday, Maison went to bed after 11pm and woke up at 6am. I only got a little over 5 hours of sleep and thus wanted some good coffee this morning. Adam suggested we try Cafe Beignets. I thought we would get a good cup of coffee that we could take with us into the grocery store since we needed to get a few necessities before hitting the beach. Adam decides to order a plate of beignets. Uh, our child has a sugar allergy. What does she cry for the entire time we are there? Gum balls from the gum ball machine and Adam's beignets that are covered in powdered sugar. I ended up taking her and my coffee to the book store so that Adam could finish his sugar high in peace. Did I mention the cafe au lait was cafe au gross? So no good coffee for me...

After 30 min in the bookstore and Curious George, Dr Seuss, and a George and Martha purchase we were finally in Bruno's grocery store which took forever! "Necessities" turned into to full out shopping, Mickey Mouse balloon buying, bathroom stopping forever. When we got back to our condo it was time for Maison to eat lunch and take a nap.

I gave up on the nap after an hour of playing, talking, and fake sneezing. I went to make my strawberry goat cheese salad only to find out that somehow we made it home with no goat cheese. Can you say F my life? So I substituted my goat cheese for a bottle of Caymus Conundrum. It's 2:30pm on my second day of vacation...something had to not suck.

We finally made it out to the beach about 3:30 this afternoon. Maison still loves the sand but is a little leery of the ocean now that she is old enough to go in.

Building sandcastles with Mommy:

Sitting in the surf:

Yes, you look like a heroin addict after 14 hours in the car and 5 hours of sleep:

No comments:

Post a Comment