Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I found Singapore ~ GS Vacay Day 5, Part 2

My dad LOVES Joe Patti's, the huge seafood market in Pensacola. Every time he is in the vicinity of Pensacola he wants to go to Joe Patti's and buy a cooler full of fresh seafood. I really didn't get why he had to drive all the way to Pensacola to get fresh seafood when there are fresh seafood markets in every Gulf Coast city. He took Adam to Joe Patti's last year when we stayed in Perdido Key and Adam has been asking every day since we got to Gulf Shores if this was the day we were going to go.

So today we went, and I must admit it was worth the 2 hour round trip. Joe Patti's has every fish and shellfish that comes from the Gulf Coast fresh. It has a deli, a bakery, gelato, candy, and a speciality wine store. Do you know what speciality wine store means? Cakebread, Plumpjack, Peju, Flowers...need I go on?

When I went to India and then Sri Lanka for 2 weeks and then landed in Singapore it was like I had died and gone to heaven. To this day it is one of my favorite countries because it was the mecca of cleanliness and order after the chaos and dirtiness I had come from. Joe Patti's is the Singapore of the Gulf Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment