Monday, November 28, 2011

Speechless...

I just got off the phone with Maison's doctor...the c-diff is back!

Maison had double ear infections at the beginning of November that were treated with a short course of antibiotics. As we walked out of Dr. Russo's office on Nov. 3 with a clean bill of health, he warned us not to give Maison antibiotics for any reason unless there were no other options. Unfortunately, he was right...

Just 2 days after finishing up the antibiotics, the 'c-diff' symptoms came back. Saturday we took Maison to the doctor because she was already pulling on her ear again and complaining that it hurt. Her ear had fluid but was not an infection, yet. We had the on-call doctor call in the stool studies and he just called to confirm the c-diff was positive.

I knew Thanksgiving night that it was back but didn't want to believe it. I told my mom my suspicions and she told me not to borrow trouble. Unfortunately, I was right. Our family's nightmare it back...I'm speechless...

No comments:

Post a Comment