Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sometimes you know

I was summoned for jury duty today at 8:30. I needed to leave at 8:00 to make it in time. In my summons it said you should call at 7:30 to find out if there were any delays or cancellations. At 7:30 I was still in my pjs. I told myself that it would be cancelled because I really, really, really did not want to go. How sad is it that jury duty is worse than going to work? Well I do work at home so going to jury duty would require showering and getting dressed before I was good and ready.

I called promptly at 7:30, you know just as a formality, since I am psychic and of course knew it would be cancelled. But that nice lady on the recorded message said, "All jurors should report as scheduled." Urrrgghhh! I only have 30 min to shower and get all my stuff together for work...great!

I pulled up to the court house at about 8:28 in Adam's F150 and there is no parking left but parallel spots. Could this morning get any worse? I walk in right at 8:30 just in time for the bailiff to inform me, "All jurors have been selected. Sign here and you are free to go." Free to go? Free to go? See I knew it would be "cancelled". I just had my wires crossed about the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment