Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hanukkah, Hanukkah

This year, Hanukkah snuck up on us. On Dec. 1st, the first night of Hanukkah, we were scrambling around looking for the menorah and the candles. After the 12th day of Christmas (Jan. 6), we pack up all the holiday stuff and we do really try to put it some where we can find it the next year but things have a way of disappearing. Some how we did find everything we needed and Adam got the menorah set up and ready to go.

After we lit the candles, I asked Adam where was Maison's first Hanukkah gift and he looked at me like...didn't you get her one? I guess with the chaos of Maison's endless doctor's appointments and hospital visits, decorating for Christmas, and trying to keep up with the year end messes at work, neither of us thought about Hanukkah presents. Luckily, I had gotten a children's Hanukkah book with a new potato latkes recipe I wanted Adam to try. Guess what was Maison's first gift? If I had to read about Sadie and her special pan that makes endless latkes I think I might scream. Maybe it's time to switch the Christmas books for bedtime.

Night 1 - Lighting the first candle

Night 2 - Getting my first dreidel

Night 3 - watching Daddy light the menorah

Night 4 - holding the baby CDs I got

On Sunday Adam made his latkes and they were delicious (even if he didn't use the new one that Sadie raves about in her book).

Day 5 - Trying potato latkes for the first time

Night 6 - Checking out my new Curious George book with Mommy

Night 7 - Hugging my Bernstein Bear Christmas book (yes, Christmas books for Hanukkah, we are a multi-religion family ;oP)

Night 8 - Enamoured with all the candles

Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment