Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

Today we had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. Maison is still sick with c-diff and we aren't supposed to be feeding her dairy products as it makes her stomach issues worse. Given that it's Thanksgiving and my mom's mac and cheese is legendary, I thought, what the hell...if you've been pooping your brains out for almost 2 months, what's a little mac and cheese going to do to you? It's homemade for goodness sake!

Maison ate the best she's eaten in weeks. The treatments she has been going through to cure her c-diff have side effects worse than the symptoms. She goes though 4-5 day bouts of not eating solids and not sleeping. But she was definitely in high spirits for the holiday. She ate turkey, mac and cheese, and sweet potato casserole. She ran around hitting everything and everyone with her Dora the Explorer bat. Since she can't have stuffed animals until she is better she has become obsessed with her Dora bat so we HAD to bring it to my parents.

Unfortunately, Maison's high spirits died around midnight when she woke up screaming bloody murder and I had to hold her until 6am so that she would sleep. Did I spend my black Friday shopping? No, I would be sleeping. Ok, so I did go to Galleria with Shari but it was late in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment