Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's 10:00 but no Noo

My mom watches Maison during the week while Adam and I are at work. Most days she comes at 10:00 so that she can be here in time to feed Maison her first solid meal of the day. Shortly after 10:00 my mom wasn't here so I decided to go ahead and feed Maison. I really didn't think much about her being late until the phone rang and I noticed on the oven clock that is was already 10:20.

The call was my mom hysterically crying. She had been in a horrible accident on Spring Creek. I couldn't make out the cross street but knew it had to be somewhere between her house and mine. So I called my dad and he confirmed my mom had been in a head on collision on Spring Creek but didn't have much more info. He too said he couldn't decipher what the cross street was when my mom called him but he was already on his way to get her.

I immediately called my sister and brother to let them know what had happened and to find out if they knew more than either me or my dad. Nobody had anymore info so I decided once Maison finished up her breakfast we would drive along Spring Creek to see if we could find them.

Just when I was turning off our street, Shari called to say my Mom had decided not to go to the hospital and that my dad was bringing her here. By the time I unloaded Maison back at home my parents were already at our house. My mom was rattled, to say the least, but we did finally get the details of what happened...

My mom was driving on Spring Creek and as she was going through the intersection at Alma, someone turned left right in front of her and hit her head on. The impact was so hard that the back seat floor mats ended up in the front. She later found out the person that hit her was a state trooper....great.

At my sisters urging, she agreed to call her cardiologist and he insisted that she go to the ER and be checked out. After several hours in the ER and numerous tests she was released and everything was deemed fine! Unfortunately, she is already very sore and I'm sure she will be for several days to come but considering what happened, it could have been a lot worse. We are so glad she is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment