Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sequential Wedding

So we were supposed to be in Atlanta driving to North Carolina for Adam's brother, Jason's wedding. But...we were NOT in Atlanta getting ready to make the drive up because Maison has relapsed with c-diff for the 4th time and my Nannie has the flu and cannot travel. We decided at the last minute that we would fly to NC for the wedding instead of driving and thus had to take whatever flights we could get.

Adam left Thursday morning so that he could make the rehearsal dinner Thurs night and I left Friday morning to ensure I would be there in time for the wedding Saturday afternoon. We both were on SWA and we both had a bazillion stops. I left my house at 8:30 am to drive to Parker and drop Maison off with my mom and then go to the airport. My flight was at 11:00 am and I didn't land in Raleigh until 6:30 pm. Yes, I could have flown to Europe in the amount of time I flew from Dallas to Raleigh but I arrived safely and that is what's important.

Saturday afternoon was the wedding....it was a beautiful ceremony and lovely reception. Jason and Lindsey were married on 12/11/10 which is exactly sequential order from Adam and my wedding date of 9/8/07. Congrats Jason and Lindsey!

Adam and I flew home on the 8 am flight so that we could get back to our sick baby as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we had stops in Nashville and KC where is was snowing. We had doubts that we weren't going to make it home as planes were getting cancelled all over the place. I know you are not supposed to say "never" but we will NEVER, EVER fly on SWA with 3+ stops each way during the winter when it is snowing. I'd rather fly to Europe and back in the same day in coach than deal with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment