Friday, April 2, 2010

Soapy Splashtown Striptease

Let me preface this story with I was not soapy or the splasher which leaves me being the stripper...got your attention now didn't I...

Since I've been training for my triathlons I have been spending a lot of time swimming at the pool at LA fitness. Normally it's completely uneventful...not crowded, easy swimming, no issues. Wed night was a different story...pretty much issues galore. I headed towards the only empty lane which was the last lane by the wall. As I approached there was water every where...which of course is not that weird since it is a pool but normally there isn't much water on the pool deck since it's mostly used for lap swimming. I sit on the side of the pool to put my swim cap on and it rips. I should have decided then to go do something else but I decided to go ahead since I was already dressed and pretty much in the pool.

So about 5 min into my swim I figured out why there was water all over the deck next to my lane. Thanks to the rather large man next to me trying to swim the butterfly, water was being flung in pretty much every direction in mass quantities. I really don't mind getting splashed but having a wake of water hit my face when I go to breathe is not exactly pleasant. I decided to forge ahead...good practice for future open water swims...right?

Then the teenage Asian girls that put conditioner in their hair BEFORE they enter the pool arrived. I know they probably read in Cosmo that you should put conditioner in your hair prior to swimming because it will protect your hair against chlorine damage. I don't think they meant when you were going to be swimming in a public pool! So these girls get in reeking of Salon Selectives from 1999. Within minutes the entire pool was soapy. Now when the guy doing the fly passes me I get a nice face full of strawberry flavored chlorine water...YUM-EEE...

I've been swimming in a swimsuit I wore when I was pregnant that ties around your neck. I previously had a near wardrobe malfunction so had been tying it in a knot to swim. Apparently soapy water loosens knots...so as I'm swimming in this fab environment my top kept coming untied. Each time I caught it before flashing "the flyer" or the "salon selectives".

Where did I head yesterday after my doctor appt? To the new Keifer swim shop where I purchased 2 new suits and a nice new swim cap. Now for the flyer and the salon selectives...to be continued ;o)

2 comments:

  1. ROTFL! Can we be politically correct and start calling all Asian girls "Salon Selectives"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Reminds me of the time I was going down one of the tall chute slids at Hawaiian Falls Water Park and my bikini top that tied around the neck broke and flew off, not able to withstand the sheer force of my rapid descent. I ended up, arms crossed across my chest as I had begun, only this time, topless, and right under the nose of a teenage pubescent boy working the ride at the Exit. In case you were curious, Jason recovered my top several yards away from the edn of the ride. It doesn't get much better than that. I miss you and we need to do lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete