Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day!

Today Adam and I went to the opening day Rangers game. The game was pretty non-eventful (Rangers won 5-4 with a 2 run come back in the 9th) but the crowd did not disappoint, especially in our section. Two of our 'friends' from last year's home opener were there...the guy who "paid for a seat in the sun" sat in the row in front of us and the "I'm just sitting here eating my nachos" guy was a couple of rows up on the right. See last year's post "I paid for a seat in the sun" for their story. They unfortunately didn't provide any entertainment this year, but we definitely had some others that were quite the crowd pleasers...

Maison wore her baseball 'uniform' in honor of opening day:

View from our seats:



Curly haired mullett (such a rare sighting and literally right in front of us!):


Full grown man wearing a Rangers uniform. Complete with Rangers mock turtle neck. As you can see he was sitting across the aisle from Adam so I had to pretend to take Adam's picture in order to get a shot of this guy. As my Nannie would say, "he wasn't quite right" to say the least as he would literally throw a fit every time the Rangers had a bad play. It was quite entertaining....

In the 8th inning the Rangers were losing 3-0 and the Blue Jays had a no hitter going so I was a little bored and took a picture of our 'little piggies'. While doing so I missed the best action of the entire game...
A streaker jumped over the rail at the end of our aisle, ran through the outfield, did a bellflop on 2nd base to which the umpire just pointed at him as if to say "Security, we have an issue here". The guy made it all the way to the pitcher's mound before a security guard body slammed him to the ground. Here is the best documentation I could get with the iPhone...

To wrap up our interesting sightings...we saw an adult Asian woman wearing a catcher's chest protector on her back...yes it was quite an interesting Opening Day this year....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that dude even has on the socks and everything. I agree, he ain't right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "Salon Selectives" with the catcher's garb on! Nice!

    As always, your posts entertain and do not disappoint. I love how the "piggies" kept you from witnessing firsthand the obscenity that followed. Everything happens for a reason, right? Ha!

    ReplyDelete