Thursday, April 1, 2010

I heart Ryan

No, not Seacreast! Not even Ryan Reynolds (though Adam does have a man crush on him!). Ryan Baby! at least that is what I refer to him as...

On Monday night we went to Buy Buy Baby (BBB) where there is a flamboyantly gay guy named Ryan that has worked there since they opened. He was there the night I registered and when he handed me the registry gun he told me, "It's going to be A-WE-SOME!" in a sing-songy voice that only a gay guy could deliver. From that day on Ryan has been by my side...for my registry completion with Shari that took up 3 carts, for my countless returns with no receipts, for my exchange of broken spendy items with not only no receipt but no box.

Monday night he really carved out a permanent spot in my heart...
I had a car seat mirror to return that I had bought in December that didn't work. It some how ended up discarded in the 3rd row of seats and I didn't even realize it was there until I laid down the seats to load up the weight bench and weights I got Adam for his b-day. When I heard a crunch and saw the light blue material peeking out from between the seats I thought it was a goner. It somehow survived with just a small tear in the fabric.

I made a bee-line for Ryan as we went in, chatting him up like he was my bestie. He of course said he would take the mirror back...no problem and asked if we were going to shop around. When I said yes, he responded "Of COURSE you are!".

When we were checking out I handed him a stack of 10 BBB and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons and told him I wasn't sure which ones were still good, or applied, or whatever. I work full time, have a newborn and a husband, play on 2 soccer teams and train for triathlons. The fact that the coupons were even in a stack ready to go to the store was amazing to me. Ryan, my sweet Ryan Baby, found a way to use EVERY SINGLE COUPON. He said normally they can only use ONE coupon per transaction but because we were such good customers he went ahead and used them all...even the expired ones. And not only did he just 'use' them...he used them smartly...applied the 20% off ones to my most expensive items, and then all the $5 off ones towards the total bill. So how much did my cart of goodies cost after my mirror return and coupon extravaganza? $31...yes, that's right...THIRTY ONE DOLLARS! So when you are considering shopping at the "I feel like I've gone to a foreign country" Babies R US just remember that they would NEVER treat a customer like this much less employee a gay guy. Take your business to BBB...just don't try to steal my Ryan Baby...he's mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment