Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hippity, Hoppity, Rip-offity

After my plans for Easter dress picture taking went bust on Friday, on Saturday we decided to take Maison to the Shops at Legacy to see the Easter bunny (here on out referred to as EB). I know that most infants are terrified of EB and Santa Claus but thought we would give it a shot. It was a beautiful day and the shops are outside so we thought it would be a nice outing regardless of how the bunny pic turned out.

I had a hair appointment at 4:00 so we only had a small window of time to visit EB and eat lunch so we had already agreed if the line was long we were going to abort the mission. When we arrived at Shops we were pleasantly surprised to find parking, locate EB, and get in line. The line seemed rather short to me but I've obviously never had children until now so what did I know.

When we were 2nd in line, one of the EB assistants (here on out referred to as EB-ette) handed us a sheet with pricing info, etc. For the low low price of $48.95 you could get three 5x7 of your child with EB. WTF? I know I've never been in the position to actually buy these kind of photos until now and possibly with inflation I was a little off on how much I thought it would be but ~$50 seemed rather high to me. So I asked if we could just "see the Easter Bunny" and was informed that they were PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS and thus this was a picture taking endeavor not a meet and greet. I was further informed that most infants don't do well with EB and need to be 'backed into' sitting on his lap and if it didn't go well they could shoot the baby in a wagon filled with live bunnies...which per EB-ette really made a great keepsake for mommy, grand-mommy, etc.

Adam politely said it was up to me, to which I politely told EB-ette we would come back another day when Maison was in her Easter dress (come on...it's a white lie). Uh, why on earth would I spend $50 on a picture that my child will most likely scream through or a picture featuring live bunnies that may give my child rabies? Is there a reason EB-ette couldn't have informed us of the procedures and cost BEFORE we waited through the entire line? In the future, I'll be skeptical of a really short line and will definitely take my EB business to Willow Bend where EB meet and greets are perfectly acceptable!

2 comments:

  1. Normal EB and Santa pics go for about $25. You must have been visiting Hollywood EB for $50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I think I paid $20 at Northpark for the "good Santa" for one 5x7. We are in the WRONG business.

    ReplyDelete