Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shower Sanctuary

Before having a baby I was a total bath person.  I LOVED to soak away sports injuries in a hot Epsom salt bath for hours while I read my gossip magazines.  Due to my love for baths I insisted on putting in a 6 foot heated Jacuzzi tub when we did our home remodeling. 

Since we have finished our remodeling and had Maison I've used the bathtub exactly ZERO times.  That's right...the luxurious tub I insisted on has turned into a holder for Maison's little blue infant tub.  Who has time for an hour soak with a newborn?  Ok, so even if you could find the time who would want it?  The tub area is open...open to sounds, interruptions, etc.  Not exactly a relaxing environment if you have to hear a crying baby, Baby Einstein songs, or the hustle and bustle of a house with a newborn.  So...what is my new must have?  Adam's shower...

Yep, I'm taking over Adam's master bathroom must have...a nice tall shower with a 'rain' shower head.  It is warm, relaxing, quiet...free of interruptions quiet!  I use to shower twice a day before having Maison (I'm OCD..what can I say).  Since having Maison I'm lucky if I get to shower once a day so when I do get to shower I make it worth my while.  I must admit if Adam's home or my mom is watching Maison I tend to linger..."linger WAY too long" linger..."run the hot water out" linger, "fall into a day dream" linger.  It is my new sanctuary...a quiet, silent, spiritual experience.  I'm sorry Adam, the shower is now mine.  You can have 'my tub'...I knew I insisted on a 6 foot tub for a reason!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been in a bathtub for 6 years. And enjoy your showers while you can because once Maison is up and about, guess who'll be taking showers with you....

    ReplyDelete