Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Hanukkah

It certainly seems like everyday is a holiday around here.  It was a complete blur of Halloween turning into Thanksgiving, turning into Hanukkah, turning into Christmas.   This year we barely got the Christmas decorations up in time for Christmas and since it was the baby's first Hanukkah and Christmas we wanted to make sure we did both of them up right...

Hanukkah started on Dec. 11.  We lighted the menorah and gave Maison a present each night.
  
Friday, Dec. 11, Night 1 - Maison getting her Baby Einstein blue dolphin

Saturday Dec. 12, Day 2 - Adam made potato latkes

Sunday, Dec 13, Night 3 - lighting the menorah

Thursday, Dec. 17, night 7 - Maison watching the menorah

Friday, Dec 18, night 8 - Maison watching the lights and getting her Curious George book
   

Adam opening his All Clad non-stick pan 


I would not be happy if I got a pan for a gift; in fact I would be furious, but Adam loves to cook and it's what he wanted.  Besides his love for cooking prevents us from having to suffer through mine!

My Hanukkah gift is not pictured because I was running around screaming my fool head off in full dramatic flare.  Adam gave me new diamond earrings as a combo 'mommy gift' (for those who don't have children it's customary to get a spendy gift for having to suffer through 9 mos of pregnancy, labor, delivery, and then living with a fat out of shape body until you have time or energy to do something about it) and Hanukkah gift.  I had been hinting through my entire pregnancy that I wanted new earrings but Adam said I couldn't get new earrings until he got a new motorcycle.  We have a deal that he gets to put money in his motorcycle fund every time I buy a new handbag.  I will unfortunately be out of handbag collecting as soon as we get with in reach of the price of the motorcycle he wants ;o)  Needless to say I'm thrilled he gave me the earrings and I didn't have to wait for the motorcycle purchase (which will hopefully never happen...)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Hanukkah from a Baptist whose mother claims to be a German Jew. And so excited about your earrings! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete