Friday, March 18, 2011

Pre-Race Hike

We arrived in Moab this afternoon in time to pick up our race packets for the Canyonlands Half Marathon that Jan, Kari, and I are going to run tomorrow. After packet pick up we decided we had time for a short hike before heading back to the resort to meet Jan and her friends for dinner. Since Kari and Lee had never been to Moab/Arches National Park and we had limited time this weekend for hiking and sight seeing, we wanted to make sure we got to see at least some of the most famous arches. Quickly our short hike turned into a 2 hour hike to see the landscape arch.

Landscape arch:

Balanced Rock:

Navajo Arch:

View from the rock fins on the way to Double O Arch:

After dinner, I started to pack up my gear for the race tomorrow and I suddenly got very nervous about what to wear in 40 degree weather before the race, during the race, what I would need during the race...should I bring water? wear a fuel belt? wear gloves? It is all a bit overwhelming. I don't want to make a mistake that I'll regret tomorrow.

All ready to go...I think!

1 comment:

  1. No pic of the hydration system?! Or the 85 shot blocks we crammed down our throats? And what? No love for the goo?

    ReplyDelete