Saturday, February 4, 2012

More than a flesh wound

I had high hopes that my minor mishap on Thursday would turn out to be just a flesh wound...but it's now Saturday and my knee is still swollen about 5 times it's normal size and I can't bend it without excruciating pain...

and I still have a palm full of rocks and debris

You would think leading an accident prone life I would not be surprised by these setbacks, but I think God is trying to tell me something when they keep happening right before races I have already signed up for. Hot Chocolate 15k is NEXT SUNDAY. Yes, I have ONE week to not only be able to bend my knee but to run 9.3 miles on it. If I have to miss the race, I can at least take my gimpy butt down to Fair Park and eat my registration fee in chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment