Sunday, October 3, 2010

So un-FAIR

Yesterday we went to the Texas/OU game at the State Fair. The fair is known for it's strange fried foods...this year's "highlights" were fried beer, fried margaritas, and fried butter (OMG...I feel sick just thinking about it). I was not brave enough to try any of these delights but Adam did try the fried beer and reported back that it was disgusting. Considering it was fried Guinness I could have told you it would be disgusting so no surprises here.

The game totally sucked. Texas played like poo and lost the game on penalties. Overall it was one of the sorriest fair experiences ever. Here is the recap:

Negatives:
1. We lost the game
2. None of the food was good except the sweet potato tornado (think curly sweet potato chips)

Positives:
1. A math deficient cashier gave me my payment tickets as change; as in I paid with 20 tickets for 2 beers that cost 16 tickets. Instead of giving me back 4 tickets she gave me back 16. I told her she was wrong and she just shrugged. Ok...thanks for the $1 beers.
2. Kelly had a super awesome route that avoided most traffic to/from the fair

Hindsight, I should have sold our tickets BEFORE we lost to UCLA and enjoyed the game at home. At least their would have been better food and I could have mourned my Longhorns second loss of the season in the privacy of my own home...

Shari and Kelly racing down the slide:

No comments:

Post a Comment