Monday, May 25, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

As you can tell I'm majorly behind on posting since it is the end of May and I'm just now posting about our Easter festivities...

Easter at my parents is all about how much sugar and junk food can you possibly consume on one day.  We start every Easter out with donuts from Krispy Kreme.  They cannot be from Dunkin or from any local donut store...they HAVE to be Krispy Kreme.  This goes back to when we lived in Atlanta and there weren't any donut stores other than KK so since I was about 3 yrs old KK has been the donut standard in our house.  

Adam and I picked up the donuts on the way to my parents house where we were greeted by masses of Easter decorations and Easter baskets for each of us.  You can spot Adam's Easter basket first because his always has a white chocolate Easter bunny because he is the only child that likes white chocolate.  You can then pick out mine and Shari's because they are always exactly the same.  This year we knew Shari's right away because she had already started in on her peeps before Adam and I even got there.

After our Krispy Kreme breakfast we all sit around and eat candy from our Easter baskets or the bowls of M&Ms my mom always has in the kitchen while my parents finish making the Easter spread which very much resembles Thanksgiving.  My parents make a turkey and all the Thanksgiving side items on Easter.  Easter brings a Honey Baked Ham and different desserts but otherwise very similar.  

Shari, Adam, and I watched Wall-E while we waited for lunch to be ready.  We thought it was ok, but were completely unaware there were so few words throughout most of the movie.  We had our big lunch and then watched the Dark Knight.  Adam and I had already seen it, but Shari and my dad wanted to watch it.  Unfortunately Shari slept through most of it...how can you sleep through an action movie in a media room that is so loud it shakes the walls?  I'm sure it was 'turkey overload' and had nothing to do with the wine ;oP

No comments:

Post a Comment