Monday, May 25, 2009

Working Memorial Day

Adam and I have been crazy busy working on our house remodeling so we planned to have a 'working' Memorial Day weekend.  My dad has been helping us tremendously so we decided to tackle some of the more difficult and messy tasks this weekend.  Adam and my dad built a wall to support two sets of french doors to separate our dining room from our new study which is where the living room use to be.  This weekend we were down to putting up the wainscoting in the dining room and texturing the two rooms before we would be ready to paint this week.  Friday night my dad came over and worked on the wainscoting with Adam.  Saturday afternoon Adam and I started texturing and didn't finish until about 10:30pm Saturday night.  Who knew texturing took so long and is that the messiest task ever?  I think I mopped the kitchen floor 3 times to get all the dust off that blew in from the room next door!

Sunday we decided to take a break and had my family over for a cookout and some potential swimming.  It was super overcast and looked like it was going to rain at any second so the pool water was rather cold.  Adam jumped right in and admitted that even he thought it was a little cold.  I would only brave getting in on a raft and even that didn't last long.  We didn't have any other takers on the swimming.  The highlight of the day was the hamburger cake we got from Central Market.  It was so delicious!

Today we ran a bunch of house related errands and Adam and my dad worked on the picture boxes for the wainscoting.  I think they'll wrap it up tomorrow....so weird how quickly things move when my dad is involved....had Adam and I done those rooms by ourselves it would have taken at least 2 months!  Maybe one or both of us have ADD???

1 comment:

  1. I still think you need y'all's own HGTV show. ADD or not, with the two of you it would be hilerous...and informative!

    ReplyDelete