Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July at our house. We normally go to my parents but given the 'not so hot' weather we wanted to have a swim party. My dad made all the BBQ and Adam and I made homemade pound cake, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream so that we could make our own strawberry shortcakes. Everything was delicious!

After lunch we were going to go swimming but the water was way too cold! I guess all the rain we've been having from the hurricane has lowered the pool temp. We had to settle for a Next Food Network Star marathon instead. Around 7:30 my family left, Adam and I put Maison to bed, and were in bed ourselves by 9:30!!! After several nights of Maison not sleeping, staying up until 2:00am making cake and ice cream we were dead tired. Boy how things have changed...we didn't even make it to the fireworks this year!

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment